[Coco] Now using VCC as well as MESS

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 17:17:29 EDT 2013

On Oct 5, 2013 9:26 PM, "Wayne Campbell" <asa.rand at gmail.com> wrote:

> I decided today was the day to see if VCC would run on this PC. I started
> using MESS 1.36b on my laptop because VCC wouldn't even launch on it. This
> computer is different hardware, but the same XP Pro I installed on the
> laptop. I figured the hardware difference could do the trick, and I was
> right.
>
> Instead of downloading the 3.2.8 vhd image on the site, I set the FD-502
> drive 0 to my 80-track boot floppy image, and the HD drive 0 to my vhd
> image. I set the keyboard to OS9 mapping and started the emulation. It
> worked flawlessly.
>
> I am wanting to see if I can get the Becker port working, but there's
> nothing in the emulation help about it, and nothing in the way of options
> in the config or devices menus.
>
> I will research that more tomorrow. My question is, will I be able to use
> the Becker port as a way to telnet to another location, such as IRC. I am
> (not at this moment) writing a IRC client, and being able to telnet
through
> the Becker port would allow me to test the software locally.

Wayne, you should use the standard Becker disks from the nitros9 page.
Don't use anything I sent you years ago.

>From an application perspective it does not matter whether the transport is
bitbanger, turbo bb, Becker port, or otherwise.  Just open /n and go for
it.  All of the underlying differences are taken care of for you, so the
same irc client binary will work unchanged with any type of connection.