[Coco] Transferring files to the MC-10

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sat Oct 5 16:54:59 EDT 2013

 ----- Original Message -----

From: "Chris Osborn"

> Does anyone know anything about the MC-10, the CoCo's little brother? I'd
> like to see if I can port my BASIC program over to it and I'd prefer to
> avoid typing it all in on the goofy little keyboard. I've tried saving out
> the BASIC program from my CoCo2 to cassette but it never reads in right on
> the MC-10. I've tried saving as both BASIC and as ASCII
> (CSAVE"BOOGALOO",A). The ASCII version seemed promising but for whatever
> reason while it looks good in a listing, the whole thing ends up as a
> single line BASIC program which doesn't work. As binary it loads but all
> the tokens are different so it has things like GOSUB instead of REM, funny
> little graphics characters instead of FOR NEXT, etc.
>
> The MC-10 uses the same serial port as the CoCo too, but I don't think
> there's a way to use the serial port as a pseudo keyboard input.
>
> --

There is an MC-10 Group on Yahoo that might have a better answer.  When the
MC-10 came out there were a few articles and some of them addressed
transferring programs.  Problem 1: The tokens are different.  Problem 2: One
uses a sine wave output and the other is a square wave so there are some
issues reading tapes between them.

Bruce W.