[Coco] Transferring files to the MC-10

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 14:59:22 EDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Chris Osborn wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about the MC-10, the CoCo's little brother? I'd
> like to see if I can port my BASIC program over to it and I'd prefer to
> avoid typing it all in on the goofy little keyboard. I've tried saving out
> the BASIC program from my CoCo2 to cassette but it never reads in right on
> the MC-10.

At the MC-10 yahoo group, you can download the VMC-10 emulator. This has a
Quick-type feature that allows you enter data from a text file.

You can also get the Emcee Client/Server software which provides the
ability for a real MC-10 to load and save basic programs over the serial
port to a Mac or PC (kind of like DriveWire).  The client software is
provided as a WAV file which you CLOADM into the MC-10.  Once installed,
the MC-10 accepts new LOAD and SAVE commands for server access.  You will
probably need the 16K RAM expansion to do anything useful.

Link to the yahoo group: