[Coco] My CoCo 2 pictures...

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Oct 3 22:31:36 EDT 2013

That Lowerkit font brings back some memories!  I had one of those on
my first CoCo, back in the early '80s.  I soon found it annoying that
Basic would give me a syntax error if I typed anything in lowercase,
so I wrote a little Basic patch to remedy that.  As it turned out,
that very minor patch was the first step to writing other patches to
remedy shortcomings of CoCo Basic, which eventually turned into ADOS.

I sent one of the first copies to Dennis Kitsz, who I knew only from
his 80 Micro articles, along with a note suggesting that perhaps the
tie-in between the ADOS lowercase feature and the Lowerkit could lead
to some sort of cooperative arrangement.  Though it was months before
I heard anything back from him, we wound up sharing a booth at a
number of Rainbowfests.

Ah, the days!

Art