[Coco] So, how do I make Drivewire go?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Oct 2 08:06:22 EDT 2013

Chris,
In nitros9 under dw, it will backup to whatever the drive descriptor says it is. Say, if you use /x1 to /x2 on 80trk disks, it is a hard drive descriptor and will try to treat the disk as such. it will error after the first 80 trks. If you're backing up from a real disk to dw (/d0 to /x1), you'll get an error anyway as the descriptor types do not match. Doing a:

backup /x1 /x2

on 2 80trk disks, it will backup, but continue to try to copy beyond the 80 trks. I don't know if the disk is any good then. I just tried and "dcheck" says the disk is intact.
For copying a real disk over, you may be able to dmode the dw descriptor to match a floppy, but I don't know if dw likes that or not. I've had trouble doing that .

hope it helps

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia