[Coco] Need to Port NitrOS-9 6x09 L2 to N8VEM's New 6x0x Board

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:30:33 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Frank Swygert wrote:

> If the board supports the 6809E it will support the 6309E. The difference
> is in software, not hardware (as far as the CPU itself is concerned),
> remember? We stick 6309E's in CoCos that were designed for the 6809E all
> the time...

Their technical paper states that they are NOT using the 6809E but rather
the non "E" version.  I would assume that a 6309P is likewise pin-for-pin
compatible with a 6809P but can't say for sure.

The non "E" 6309  may be more difficult to source, but they do exist as
evidenced by this eBay listing:

<http://www.ebayitem.com/151087599927>

Darren