[Coco] upcoming NitrOS-9 release

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:51:08 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Bill Pierce wrote:

> Tormod,
> Sounds good... I agree with the 3.3.0...
> 3.2.9 has been around for a long time, just never officially released. I know I've been using it for almost 4 years so it's getting old. Time to move on :-)

>> On Monday 18 November 2013 19:20:04 Tormod Volden did opine:
>>> 1. Dummy merge of default branch into lwtools-port (disregarding
>>> changes from default, this is just to make (3) work.
>>> 2. Tag the current (old) default branch as 3.2.9 (just as a bookmark)
>>> 3. Merge lwools-port into default
>>> 4. Close lwtools-port. All development will then continue on the
>>> default branch (or new topic branches when they are needed)!
>>> 5. Last minute fixes if there is any
>>> 6. Tag and release 3.2.10

> So I guess it should be 3.3.0 then, also considering the last "proper"
> release was 3.2.8 back in 2009 and quite a lot happened in the repo
> since then. And minted!

Not sure if I made that clear: The new release will definitely not be
3.2.9 but the question was whether to call it 3.2.10 (bug fix release)
or 3.3.0 (new features). It seems we all agree that bumping it to
3.3.0 makes sense.

The confusion about the 3.2.9 release that never happened is probably
in part due to development versions (snapshots) made after the 3.2.8
release which display themselves as 3.2.9. Ideally they should have
names like 3.2.9-dev or 3.2.9-alpha etc. There is a NOS9DBG flag in
the rules.mak for this purpose, used by SysGo for the printed banner
"development build, not for distribution". We just have to remember to
turn that off for the final 3.3.0 :)

Tormod