[Coco] CoCo Quick Reference - CoCopedia

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Mar 28 13:43:27 EDT 2013

On Mar 28, 2013, at 11:11 AM, Bill Gunshannon <billg999 at cs.uofs.edu> wrote:
> That would be what is usually called an FAQ.  If I saw a link to
> something called "CoCo_Quick_Reference" I would think it was
> probably one of those little pocket cards with all the commands
> on it.

I was noticing this as I was typing up that page. But the difference is, my intent was a place someone who did a Google could find that would tell them where CoCo stuff was happening -- rather than a larger traditional FAQ. I guess we just need to define the types of CoCo folks that are out of the loop and what they would be looking for.

Does anyone out there have a CoCo Wordpress or other blog that has statistics? I would be curious to see how people are finding your site. On my www.appleause.com site where I write about Apple, Arduino, Halloween projectors, etc., I have been amazed at the daily hits I get from people looking up how to unstick an old 1998 Furby! When I discover something, I just post it there so it can be found. I see hits for FireWire-SATA and various other pages I made.

Someone with a CoCo blog might be able to give us some good insight on what "the other folks" are looking for when they look for CoCo.

And I think it might be time to start something like the old web rings and banner exchanges. But, instead of rotating sites and ads, it would be a common thing every CoCo page could put on their site, linking to one summary page somewhere of what was going on. I could see a page with current news (CoCoFest, new product announcements) following by links to major points of interest in our community.

I am just a bit surprised at how easy it is for me to find some obscure stuff when I look it up, but how difficult it is to find CoCo related things.

		-- Allen