[Coco] Shipping with UPS was ReCoCo-X is funding

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 23:01:14 EDT 2013

Allen,Shipping with UPS is suicide for international sales!!!! UPS charges an extortion fee at the Door for any shipment from the USA into Canada (usually its 3 times what the buyer has paid for in both the Item and in shipping!) The shipper NEVER see this fee and it is actually illegal, but Canada seems to look the other way. IF Canada Customs "stops" the package and wants duty, it is a FLAT fee of $5 Canadian. They stop only about 1 in a hundred Parcels.
The last DVD I ordered through Ebay and was shipped UPS, which cost .99 cents plus $15 dolars shipping had the UPS extortion fee of $87 Canadian plus GST.Its a fact that UPS bends Canadian's (and I suspect all international shipments) over and repeatedly R*ps us up the wazzoo. 99% of Canadians (private individuals) will not do any business with companies or people who use UPS. But if you are a business with a UPS account, then you get a discount and don't pay anything.

Ebay is starting to get into the act also, charging imaginary "custom fees" up front, and boy are they ever charging for it. my 99 cents CoCo carts, were charged by the seller $3.50 USD to ship, but Ebay wanted an extra $25 UP front for Custom fees.
My point is you are just killing sales, because you can't be bothered to look at shipping through Paypal (as an example). I love shipping through Paypal, they handle everything, I just have to put in the box dimensions, weight and choose shipping service and Paypal does everything else, and I get a small discount from the regular Post office trip.