[Coco] CoCo-X is funding

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Mar 26 22:19:12 EDT 2013

On Mar 26, 2013, at 9:11 PM, Glen VanDenBiggelaar <glenvdb at hotmail.com> wrote:

> GaryI just want to point out that you will get a bunch more support if you take away that shipping to US only. It looks like a big "Middle finger" to everyone outside the US and if you can't be bothered to ship a sticker out in a plain envelope to someone supporting you outside the US, then that just turns people off.

I have also stopped offering international shipping for my e-Bay items. I used to, sending DVDs and such to Japan, Germany and elsewhere, but it's just become such a hassle. I can't even do domestic shipments over a certain weight without having to go to a post office in person and (often) wait in line -- no more drop offs if it's over a certain weight.

About the only way I would do it these days is if the buyer pays for "The UPS Store" to do it all -- they charge a premium, but I can just give them an address and they pack and ship and handle the rest. And they have later hours than the post office.

So at least Gary has options like that if we can't get enough initial support -- assuming there's no legalities with doing it due to trade restrictions (like how you can't send some software to certain countries due to it having encryption stuff or whatever).
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com - And check out the CoCo-X project: http://kck.st/16fAwkf