[Coco] Introducing the next generation of Color Computer, the CoCo-X

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 20 23:33:43 EDT 2013

My Samsung Syncmaster XL2370HD has VGAm DVI, HDMI, composite, and
component inputs.  Its a TV tuner, but I use it as a 23"/1920x1080
monitor for my Mac Mini.  Got it at Sam's Club several years ago, but
I haven't seen any lately with the same array of inputs.

On Mar 20, 2013, at 3:44 PM, Frank Pittel wrote:

> Last fall when I got my raspberry PI I noticed a few things about
> hdmi, dvi and vga.
>
> The first is that (at the time at least) is that most if not all
> TVs and monitors have
> a vga input. Interestingly enough monitors normally have both vga
> and dvi and I didn't see
> a single one with hdmi. At the same time TVs (monitor with a tuner
> these days) have vga and
> hdmi but no dvi. Also the "cheap" hdmi to dvi converters are
> actually expensive! Another
> interesting thing I discoverd is that not all converters work with
> all monitors and some
> monitors don't work with hdmi converted to dvi period!
>
> I hope I'm wrong about the inputs on the monitors and tvs and would
> love a display with
> one each of vga, dvi, hdmi! I'm not holding my breath though
>
> I agree that in the long run vga is a dead end.
>
> The Other Frank

Obstructionist : a lemming who refuses to hurry.