[Coco] Introducing the next generation of Color Computer, the CoCo-X

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed Mar 20 15:44:35 EDT 2013

Last fall when I got my raspberry PI I noticed a few things about hdmi, dvi and vga.

The first is that (at the time at least) is that most if not all TVs and monitors have
a vga input. Interestingly enough monitors normally have both vga and dvi and I didn't see
a single one with hdmi. At the same time TVs (monitor with a tuner these days) have vga and
hdmi but no dvi. Also the "cheap" hdmi to dvi converters are actually expensive! Another
interesting thing I discoverd is that not all converters work with all monitors and some
monitors don't work with hdmi converted to dvi period!

I hope I'm wrong about the inputs on the monitors and tvs and would love a display with
one each of vga, dvi, hdmi! I'm not holding my breath though

I agree that in the long run vga is a dead end.

The Other Frank