[Coco] According to CNBC, Radio Shack may be ready to go under

Christopher Barnett Fox cbfox01 at syr.edu
Tue Dec 31 10:26:13 EST 2013

I agree. I used to really enjoy hanging out at the Shack when I was a kid. I know they do carry some prototyping kits and still stock some components and tools, but it would help if they marketed it better. We've got a strong Maker community in the area here. Maybe they should start hosting "Maker Days", with in-store tutorials, club meetings, etc? I know it would be hard for them to compete with on-line sales like Sparkfun, so perhaps community events might help draw in customers.