[Coco] coco's httpd client

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Dec 16 13:02:16 EST 2013

Greetings all who have the web server "httpd" actually working;

On the coco, in sys/indetd.conf I have:

6809 telnet protect banner,login,
6811,httpd,

Which is according to the sys/inetd.conf files now supplied with a week
old nitros9 hg clone type pull.  The runb is no longer spec'd and the
cmds/httpd module from one of those .dsk's built this morning has
overwritten the slightly larger 2 year old version I was also never able
to make work.

On the pc, a linux box, my running, most recent release of DW4UI.jar's config.xml has:

<TCPServerPort category="device" max="65535" min="1" type="int">6811</TCPServerPort>
<TCPClientPort category="device" max="65535" min="1" type="int">65503</TCPClientPort>
<TCPClientHost category="device" type="string">192.168.71.3</TCPClientHost>

according to proc on the coco, inetd is running.
$ telnet 192.168.71.3:6809
telnet: could not resolve 192.168.71.3:6809/telnet: Name or service not known

Same zip result for localhost:6809

Point firefox at localhost:6811 and it waits forever
Ditto to 192.168.xx.3:6811

The cups server at localhost:631 works fine.

What do I do next?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

If computers take over (which seems to be their natural tendency), it will
serve us right.
		-- Alistair Cooke
         law-abiding citizens.