[Coco] OS-9 History

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Apr 29 12:02:26 EDT 2013

On Apr 28, 2013, at 6:49 AM, Frank Swygert <farna at att.net> wrote:
> Very informative indeed, Aaron! That's a nice compilation of OS-9 ads and information. I never knew that one could program in BASIC09 with a line number structure just like DECB! If I'd known that I may have tried to port a couple BASIC programs I'd written years a go to BASIC09. Would have been neat to run them under OS-9, and not too hard to port using the same structure.

I wrote our MiniBanners program in DISK EXTENDED COLOR BASIC, and after the first CoCoFest I went to in 1990, it was clear that OS-9 was where the demand was so I decided to port it over to BASC09. I think I started with a print out and just converted it line by line as I went. It was a fairly straight forward port, actually, and when I get my stuff unearthed I may have to do an article on that showing both versions side by side. I'm pretty curious myself.

		-- Allen