[Coco] OS-9 History

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Apr 28 08:44:34 EDT 2013

Frank, if I remember right, you had to save the Basic program in Ascii, then use an OS9 text editor and save before loading into Basic09. There will be more errors than imaginable, but Basic09 mkarks them for easy editing.
I remember moving several simple Basic files to Basic09 back in the 80s. The biggest thing is the Data structure. Basic allowed you to introduce variables at any time just by using them. In Basic09, you had to declare all variables. I would always go through the prorgam and fix all the variables. It eventually became a habit in Basic to declare my variables early as a habit because of my work in Basic09.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com