[Coco] CoCo3 accelerator add-on

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Sun Apr 28 13:10:55 EDT 2013

> On 28/04/2013 9:37 PM, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:
>
>> I am not sure if anyone has thought about this or brought it up, but
>> over
>> in the Amiga land, a "new" VGA card called the Indivision (AGA for the
>> "newer" chipset, OCS/ECS for the original) exists.
>
> The Indivision is really an enhanced "flicker-fixer" for the Amiga. It
> replaces the chip that is responsible for fetching pixel data and
> rendering
> video on the monitor. The Indivision has a few extra bells and whistles
> thrown in, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "new video card".
>
> There was talk of replacing the GIME on the Coco and IIRC someone here was
> playing around with exactly that. But this topic has been discussed to
> death
> on several occasions, most notably in the "Coco 4" threads.

I'm new to most of these discussions and just throwing this out for
consideration.  Why not just develop an alternative graphics system
that could be plugged into a cartridge slot?  Beyond my ability but
based on some of the discussions I see here certainly not beyond the
capabilities of some of you.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |