[Coco] CoCo3 accelerator add-on

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 28 08:43:32 EDT 2013

On 28/04/2013 9:37 PM, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:

> I am not sure if anyone has thought about this or brought it up, but over
> in the Amiga land, a "new" VGA card called the Indivision (AGA for the
> "newer" chipset, OCS/ECS for the original) exists.

The Indivision is really an enhanced "flicker-fixer" for the Amiga. It
replaces the chip that is responsible for fetching pixel data and rendering
video on the monitor. The Indivision has a few extra bells and whistles
thrown in, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "new video card".

There was talk of replacing the GIME on the Coco and IIRC someone here was
playing around with exactly that. But this topic has been discussed to death
on several occasions, most notably in the "Coco 4" threads.

Regards,