[Coco] Cart PCB thickness?

Matthew Stock stock at csgeeks.org
Thu Apr 25 08:24:19 EDT 2013

Bill,

I don't know what features you're looking for in particular, but the
interface board I'm working on is my attempt to build such a prototype
board.  Rather than leave a blank board however, I've put in a few handy
items for most projects - bus transceivers, a 32K EEPROM, and a small CPLD
to replace a lot of the standard glue logic.  It has a breakout header with
the address and data pins to connect to an Arduino, but you could obviously
use those to connect to anything.  Right now the whole board measures about
2.25"x3.25", and has some mount points for either a simple "cover" or
installation into a case.

If that seems like it could be a good start for you, let me know.  My plan
at the moment is to offer fully populated/programmed boards for sale, but
also to provide the code and designs for free.  I don't really know how
much demand there is for such a unit, but it's a fun project regardless.

You can see a couple of demos of the prototype board at
http://www.youtube.com/user/Greyhound716 along with a few other projects
I've been working on.  I hope to have a new (final?) board incorporating
all of the design improvements in a couple of weeks.
  -Matt