[Coco] LWTOOLS lwasm blues: "ERROR: Cannot resolve line address"

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Fri Apr 19 20:22:02 EDT 2013

On 13-04-19 04:52 PM, Fedor Steeman wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I dug up this old assembly source file I wrote to try out different
> graphics modes. I was able to assemble it with LWTOOLS lwasm a few years
> ago, but when I know try with the latest win64 binaries I could download
> (version 4.0), I get a strange error message at all lines from line 45:
>
> "ERROR: Cannot resolve line address"
>
> Anyone got the same problems or a clue what could be wrong?
>
> The asm file can be downloaded
> here<https://sites.google.com/site/cocoon6809/writing-games-in-assembly/basics/coco-1-2-hires-graphics/vidset2.asm>

Version 4.0 is quite old and there have been a lot of fixes to lwtools
since then.

I'd wager you tripped on a bug in lwtools 4.0 or a problem with those
particular binaries. Either way, I would have to know if you can
reproduce the problem with a current version of lwtools.

I'm sure you can understand that I cannot provide any assistance with a
version of lwtools that old given that the current released version is 4.7.

I have no way to produce functional windows binaries which is why you
can't find a binary package for anything more recent. That said, I have
reports that lwtools will build from source on windows using mingw.