[Coco] CoCo-X project

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 18 22:01:27 EDT 2013

On 19/04/2013 8:54 AM, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:

> Sorry for the rant, but I was all for supporting it with a full
> donation, but I refuse to back it on this principle alone. now let the
> flame wars begin..but thats how I feel. -Glen

You're entitled to your opinion - I just didn't take nearly as much
offence from his decision on shipping as you clearly did. Maybe it's a
US-Canada thing!?! :P

But I do agree with you that it might have put some people off - well
clearly 1 at least!!! I doubt it was make-or-break for the project though.

To be honest, if I was in a position to back the project, the shipping
issue wouldn't have been a concern for me, as other kind members of the
group have alluded to - there are ways and means around that.

And FTR, the time wasn't really an issue either. I backed the OpenPandora
(not on Kickstarter) project - although I pulled the plug after 12 months
only because by then it was about 9 months overdue - and ended up being
about 3 years overdue in the end! Since then I've backed one other
Kickstarter, and it's currently overdue as well, though reportedly close
to shipping now.

Regards,