[Coco] [COCO} VCC 1.43beta release

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 16:11:30 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
> Even I just recently sent Joeseph an email requesting permission to release the binaries and never heard from him. That's 4 emails this year he hasn't answered after conversing with me for 3 or 4 previously.
> And yes, he told me the same thing that he had all intentions of releasing Vcc as open source. His main holdback was to fix his "snide" remarks in the comments and remove the RS roms as he felt they were not his to release. Last I talked with him, he said he had it "almost" ready for release that it would be 2 weeks at the most. That's when the emails stopped.

I think that is very similar to David's experience/timeframe.

I sincerely hope he is OK with us at least releasing this binary,  I
believe he would be.
The open source part, exactly as you said, he wanted some things
changed prior to the release and AFAIK he never changed them.  So,
releasing the source is a bit more complicated.  Nobody wants to
offend or overstep or (fill in the blank with whatever bad thing we
might end up accidentally doing).

-Aaron