[Coco] Well I think that the http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/ is being shut down. Or should be.

Brian random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 22:22:31 EDT 2013

No Stephen, the forum is not being shut down. What I am tired of,
however, is being told how a resource I am providing free of charge and
at my own expense should be used. I do not mind constructive criticism,
but, that's not what you provided. You tried to educate me on what you
think is right or wrong; or the right or wrong way to do something. You
also suggested to others that what they posted was improper, incorrect
or not necessary - as if you were the judge and jury of all things CoCo.

As for editing of posts, we went round and round about that - no forum I
have been a member of allows this. You thought the forum should be used
as a Wiki type site; I offered to meet you half way and host a Wiki
(http://www.tandycoco.com/wiki - which until now was unadvertised) that
you could post and edit until your heart was content. I also suggested
you post stuff at CoCoPedia in order to create the type of posts you
were looking for since that resource was already established.

I deleted your post simply because it was not needed for the purpose of
the thread. And your own message below (/Quote - My post suggesting the
correct way to show a utube video appears to be gone. /) shows the
condescension typical of your PM's to me as well as responses to others
on the Mailing List (like your response to Joel's efforts earlier).
Further, I know full well how to post a YouTube video to the forum - I
created the forum and enabled the feature. Telling me that when I fix my
post you'll edit yours was condescending and disrespectful, and I'd have
deleted the post regardless of who your post was in response to. The
fact is, I set that thread up (in a hurry) so Robert and I could work at
copying posts about the 256 color method to the forum so it would be
mirrored at another location.

Lastly, post count has exactly squat to do with my deletion of your post
(the only one that I have deleted) - see above. When I set up the forum
- which was due to a request by a few other CoCoists - my goal for the
forum was that it be used in whatever way the CoCo Community saw fit to
do so. I never had any illusions that it would replace the Mailing List.
And if the community decides not to use it, then I'll shut it down. But
that decision lies with them, and not solely you. My post count is
completely immaterial to any discussion regarding the forum, it's
content or intended usage.

If you want to discuss this further, I'm perfectly willing to take it
off-list. As for now, since you no longer see the value of the forum,
ostensibly because it doesn't adhere to your vision of what it should
be, I have deactivated your account to protect the content of the forum.

Beyond the above issues I have had with you behind the scenes, I never
saw anyone complain about your efforts where the CoCo was concerned.
Maybe nobody else had anything constructive to offer? I seriously doubt
there is a conspiracy against you in the community.

Brian Blake

Owner/Webmaster of the tandycoco.com <http://www.tandycoco.com> sites.