[Coco] vdg modules on 6309

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Apr 10 22:17:16 EDT 2013

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a 63B09 on my coco3 and I'm building a fresh nitros-9
> multiboot for my superIDE. The same makefile which generates my super ide
> boot disk (i build it from mercurial sources) includes VTIO.DR V1.DD and
> V2.DD in both disks, but only for the 6809 the modules V1 and V2 are
> actually loaded.
>
> Why I need them ? because i want some vdg windows. I know I can xmode ay
> /Wx and set PAR=1 col=20 and row=10 but I wonder why are these modules
> there if they dont work ? vrn.dr and vi.dd appears to not load too.
>
> thxs,
>
> Felipe.

The presence of vdg windows has no connection with whether you use a 6809 or
6309. There is also no correlation with which version of NitrOS-9 6809 or 6309
you are using.

There should be only one reason why V1 and V2 are not loaded in 6309 NitrOS-9
but are loaded in 6809 NitrOS-9, your modules must have bad CRCs. There is no
way that we can tell you what is wrong unless you post a list of the contents of
you OS9Boot file.
It is also not clear if you have a problem with your build from the Mercurial
source code. That issue can be eliminated if you try booting from a 6309 nightly
build of NitrOS-9 rather than your own.

If you want vdg windows to work, your OS9Boot file must contain either CoVDG
small or CoVDG full in addition to V1 and V2. As you mentioned, V1 and V2 are
not required as any of the W windows can be converted for vdg use.

Robert