[Coco] New video from Cloud-9!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Apr 9 21:41:00 EDT 2013

Mark, you are probably right. It was most likely a cap. I just remember that 25 years ago I had to cut something :-)   (I'm not a HW techie)
It was a real painless upgrade considering I once had one of those 8 chip 16k Coco 2s that brought fear into the hearts of people like Marty Goodman when discussing 64k upgrades for Coco 2s. I never did upgrade it. I bought a 64k machine instead :-)

By the way, AWSOME job on the 512k upgrade. This has been needed for all those 128k machines everyone is picking up on e-bay and yardsales.

I really do wish you would reconsider doing the 1-2meg upgrades. I know they're a pain. Mine has the Disto 1 megger and I would've hated to be the one installing that. Soldering directly to the 6809 makes me shiver.

Seems like there should be a way to create a "socket" for the 6809 something similar to "The Protector" that would allow you to run the needed lines to the CPU without doing the direct solder bit?
Probably not cost effective, but when is keeping up a 57 Chevy cost effective? :-)

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com