[Coco] Possible DW server

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:38:14 EDT 2013

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, Frank Pittel wrote:

> I was turned onto this link and although the one I got is going back
> because of a problem with the touch pad I can't help but think this
> might make a good DW server. A bit memory limited but it does have 3 usb
> ports and a built in SD card reader. Not sure it it'll run Java though.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834684003&IsVirtualParent=1

If you replace Windows CE with a lightweight Linux distro it should be
able to run DW.  I have a Seagate Dockstar appliance with 128MB of memory
that can bring up the DW server without problems.

But, forget about running the GUI.  Too cramped for that.

Hopefully it's still possible to run the server separately? I haven't
tried this with any of Aaron's newer code and there appears to have been
an integration of the GUI and server.

Steve