[Coco] can't compile Toolshed on CygWin

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Apr 7 16:59:52 EDT 2013

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 16:27:15 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 07 April 2013 16:20:27 Steven Hirsch did opine:

> > > You are quite right.  The project page is simply incorrect.  Try
> > > this (just verified it here):
> > >
> > > hg clone
> > > http://toolshed.hg.sourceforge.net:8000/hgroot/toolshed/toolshed
> > >
> > > Who owns the SourceForge area administration?  That really needs
> > > to be fixed.
> >
> > Sorry, hit send too quickly.  This builds by cd-ing into build/unix
> > and running 'make'.  The cocofuse binary does get produced.  The
> > only problem seems to be 'rma' which is deprecated anyway.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> Hummm, wheres the makefile to build it all?  No toolshed/bin
> directory was created, just cocofuse.
>
> Also, when cd'd to the toolshed/os9 dir, make reports there is no
> ../Makefile.rules.  And it does not exist in that tree at all
> according to an "ls -R | grep Makefile.rules" when done from the
> parent toolshed directory.
>

> Cheers, Gene

Gene:
	The makefile you want is toolshed-code/build/unix/makefile. Cd
to toolshed-code/build/unix/ and 'make'. The executables will be
created in the dirs 'next to' the main makefile. 'make install' places
them in ~/bin.

BTW: ('find . -name *akefile -print' would have found it.)

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"Mistakes are the price we pay for a full life."
		-- Sophia Loren