[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: I think I got taken on eBay

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 21:27:33 EDT 2013

i have to disagree. Actually i don't get the meaning of the CMP pallete. In
my 2 cocos3 I never get the correct VDG colors on composite output (the
normal text colors all cocos1/2 have). PALLETE CMP, or just CMP doesn't do
the drill. The colors are always wrong. By the other hand, RGB and with the
rgb output it just seems to be fine.

I had to create a .BAS program to proper set the colors in composite mode.

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM, jim_gerrie <jimgerrie at ns.sympatico.ca>wrote:

> All the coco's 1 2 or 3 under Basic report approx 24k at startup.  Only
> coco 1 and 2 16k and under report less mem.  The rest of of memory whether
> 64k, 128k or 512k, must be accessed through other means, either a machine
> language program that can do so, or by using OS9.
>
> Make sure to type PALETTE RGB or PALETTE CMP in basic to get the right
> colours for your output.  The rgb connector is on the bottom of the coco 3.
> The CMP outputs on the back, either via a TV cable or the two RCA jacks.
>
> --- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "neils_morr" <neilsmorr at ...> wrote:
> >
> > Yes. IIRC, you need to connect it to a monitor or to a TV/VCR that has
> video and audio ports.
> >
> > 24K sounds like it has 32K of RAM. I can't remember if that's right - I
> know you needed an extra board to get 512K.
> >
> > Neil
> >
> > --- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "rkindig" <randall.kindig@> wrote:
> >
> > > I received it today and it has a CoCo3 label on it, but no composite
> port.  When I do a PRINT MEM it comes back with just over 24k.  Is that the
> right command to tell how much RAM it has?

Long live the CoCo