[Coco] Coco .... having bad luck with Jameco components

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Sat Apr 6 20:29:33 EDT 2013

On Apr. 6, 2013, at 5:32 PM, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:

> I have gotten two bad 10 piece batches of 5 volt voltage regulators
> from Jameco which is holding up production of my RGB converter.  And
> they were different brand names too.  I have ordered another batch
> tonight and we will see how they turn out.
>
> Has anyone seen this kind of thing before?  What would cause such a
> cross-brand failure like that?

I know little of these things, but is it possible that multiple brands
source their components from the same manufacturer (i.e. some factory
in China)?  Remember the case of all the bad electrolytic caps from
about 10 years ago causing almost every make of computer/electronics
to prematurely fail?  I don't suppose there is any identifiers that
might denote the place/date of manufacture.

-- JP