[Coco] Coco .... having bad luck with Jameco components

Sat Apr 6 20:25:03 EDT 2013

Hi,

We are about at the end of IC's with legs.

Most of the boxes at Halted, the remaining Electronics surplus store that I
can walk in, are upside down indicating that they are empty.

I may have more in my electronics room than they have. (I actually did get
an offer for my stock)

Jameco is sucking the last bit of water in the tank, they are buying from
companies that have not used IC's with legs for many years. And the
companies that bought IC's with legs have shifted to surface mount IC's. So
there is nothing in the tank and no one to buy it.

At the peak I think that there were ~ 30+ Electronics surplus stores I could
visit in one day by driving. Sacramento and Santa Rosa the most distant.

Most have disappeared, a few are online. One of the many reason I stopped
doing Electronics was the stock becoming less and less.

So, Jameco drawing from companies nation wide and selling nation wide is
getting stuck with some bad parts at times.

The bad 5 volt voltage regulators may be reject stock that the person who
tested them is long gone, the label "BAD" on the box fell off and the person
who sold them to Jameco had no idea that they were bad. They may the .001%
that the company purchased and used, or much less with several different
brand names. Part of a huge batch of ICs the company was getting rid of,
most of which are good.

I assume that you checked the number on the ICs very carefully.

I went into Haltek one day to buy some wire and found the wire room empty,
all had been sold to a company in LA. They were purchased by Oracle and shut
down for the tax write off. (NO not that Oracle)

SHF