[Coco] DriveWire4

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 15:10:38 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> Is there a tutorial somewhere that covers "Getting Starting with DW on an emulator?" I think that might let me begin working with it before I have my CoCos dug out. I wouldn't even mind starting with the XRoar CoCo 1/2 emulator.
>
>                 -- Allen

For the DW4 side, just fire up DriveWire, choose "Simple Config
Wizard" from the Config menu, select "Emulator", and press finish.

The emulator side of course depends on which you use.  Unfortunately
due to "red tape" I believe only XRoar can be used at this time.
David Ladd or Ciarian could provide better instructions for that part.
 I don't think it's difficult but I haven't done it myself.

With some luck, maybe we can get an updated MESS patch and/or
permission to distribute VCC with DW support at some point.

-Aaron