[Coco] [Color Computer] Convert image to Coco compatible image

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Apr 2 16:24:03 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 11:51:39AM -0700, Ben Jimenez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was an easy way to convert an image like
> bmp, gif,jpg into a very basic image that the coco can load under
> regular BASIC? I want to convert a graphic down to say 16 colors and
> then display it as a background in a program for the Coco 3 programmed
> in BASIC.
>
> Ben

I apologize for my earlier rambling post to the list.  I don't know if you
found it useful or (probably) not...

I've written tools that process PPM files into data for the CoCo
graphics screens in various spatial and color resolutions.  I don't
think I have exactly what you are wanting, but I can probably provide
something without a lot of trouble.  The output would probably be
a BIN file that could be LOADM'ed into the CoCo3 graphics memory.
Does that sound like what you want?

John