[Coco] Weird CoCo 2 keyboard problem -- any ideas?

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Apr 1 11:23:03 EDT 2013

It seems unlikely to me that the cable is the problem, since the
unshifted keys on that column work fine, and the shifted keys on all
the other keyboard columns work fine.  The problem would seem to be
in the keyboard matrix itself, perhaps either a shorted diode or a
broken trace being opened when the shift key is depressed.

Anyway, with the whole keyboard column effected the problem seems a lot
less mysterious than originally thought.  Thanks for all the advice.

John