[Coco] USB keyboard interface for CoCo

Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker ranaur at ranaur.net
Thu Nov 29 10:18:41 EST 2012

Does this exist? I have a coco with a broken keyboard.

I'm planning to make one based on Arduino board that just arrived (thanks
to DX).

As soon as I have time (thing quite rare these days) I'll try.

The first "version" of my idea was using the serial port to send. If it
works I would buy the USB host shield to make an USB connection.

The main problem is that the regular (e.g. non MEGA) arduino has 12 pins,
two used by the serial port. The CoCo Keyboard uses 15 ports. My first try
will be to use a MUX/DEMUX chip to to the job (and protect the precious
CoCo PIC). If it doesn't work I would try to use the analog ports.

As soon as I have something real I'll tell you what happened.