[Coco] [COCO] PCB Manufacturers request

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Nov 21 08:50:04 EST 2012

David

I have used BatchPCB which is an affilliate of Sparkfun.com and they do very good work. two
layer HASL is $2.50 per square inch. They ship out to China and it does take about 30 days
to get boards back. This includes green solder mask and top silk screen layer. This pricing is
per board.

Two I have not used and have heard good reviews are Seeedstudio and OSHPark.
Seeedstudio is great if you want ten boards. Their pricing is $9.99 for 5cm by 5cm two layer
HASL finished. That does include ten boards. This includes green solder mask and top and
bottom silk screen. They offer other colors for silk screen and different pricing for larger
boards and solder mask colors. They real disadvantage of Seedstudio is that they have fixed
maximum size for their pricing tiers. Their website is seeedstudio.com/services

OSHPark is an extention of Dorkbot.com. They offer $5 per square inch and this includes
green solder mask, two layer, top and bottom silkscreen and Emmersion gold plating. This
price includes three boards. They use an American vendor that offers the best turnaround,
~12 days.

I am planning of sending out about $200 worth of artwork to OSHPark.com in the next week
for my Christmas display to OSHPark.com.

All will do as small as 0.5 square inch. Seeedstudio is the cheapest per square inch if you
can keep the design within their sloted size constrainst. All will accept multiple designs per
submission. Though you do have to follow their rules. BatchPCB does not offer cutouts or
slots within the deminsions. They will do odd shapes. I had a round board done through
BAtchPCB and the work was excellent. They, like Seeedstudio, take upwards to 30 days to
get boards back. One nice thing about BatchPCB.com is I received an extra board for all
three that I ordered through them.

Once I get my boards back from OSHpark.com I can better tell you of their qulaity and
delivery. All will take gerbers. OSHParkwill take Eagle layout files without having to generate
gerbers. I also recommend that you get a gerber viewer also to just go over the gerbers to
see that they are generated correctly. Most are free.