[Coco] SideKick 1.05 update

Brian random.rodder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:37:53 EST 2012

On 11/20/2012 5:33 PM, Luis Antoniosi wrote:
> Since I can issue basic commands from the Sidekick, I theory it would
> be possible to emulate this feature using only drive #0, and switching
> the image number on it. But I would need to emulate it and I guess
> there is no ROM/emulator available right ?

Not to my knowledge. Though Mark Ormond has a DrivePak for sale right
now ;-)

> Also, I'm expecting the DSKCON will work fine for a drive when a
> virtual image is attached.

It should. That was one of Roger's (and others) pet peeves - coders
writing their own disk access routines, making their software
incompatible with other disk access methods.

> But SideKick means: Super IDE KICK start, it would be a heresy porting
> it to drivepak :P ... i'm kidding

LOL... Could always make a special version called KickPak...