[Coco] Drivewire 4 finally working on my Linux Laptop!!!

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Nov 6 05:19:49 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----

>> One question: are you using a USB-DB9 dongle? If so, which one?
>>
>> Juan
>
> Juan, Yes I use a Prolific USB-DB9 dongle. I know that a lot of people
> have experienced problems with this brand, but mine seems to work with no
> problem.

> Fred Provoncha
> Stansbury PArk, UT

What we have found out in the Chinese amateur radio community.  Prolific
drivers work with Prolific USB-Serial converters (USB-DB9 dongles).
Prolific Drivers are frequently rewritten to not work with clones of
Prolific converters.  Generally rolling back to an older driver will get the
clones working.  Most of the clones work alright with Linux.

Bruce W.