[Coco] Drivewire 4 finally working on my Linux Laptop!!!

Fred D. Provoncha fredprov5 at usfamily.net
Mon Nov 5 21:22:03 EST 2012

> Fred,
>
> Since you're running Linux you may want to try using the 'cocofuse'
> virtual file system from Toolshed.  It lets you mount an OS-9 or DECB
> diskette image and transfer files in and out to your heart's content.
>
> If cocofuse doesn't cooperate (I haven't built it for anything newer than
> my Ubuntu 10.04 system), there are more conventional command line
> utilities for copying between Linux and a disk image - slightly less
> convenient but still helpful.
>
> Steve

Steve, I'll definitely check that out. Thanks!

> I use imgtool from MESS on RS-DOS disks, only don't use it to delete
> files, it screws up the granule allocation.
>
> One question: are you using a USB-DB9 dongle? If so, which one?
>
> Juan

Juan, Yes I use a Prolific USB-DB9 dongle. I know that a lot of people have experienced problems with this brand, but mine seems to work with no problem. I had other issues I won't get into now that were preventing me for the longest time from getting the setup to work. Upgrading to Drivewire 4.3 & upgrading the OS to Linux Mint 13 seemed to solve the problem.

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury PArk, UT