[Coco] Drivewire 4 finally working on my Linux Laptop!!!

Fred D. Provoncha fredprov5 at usfamily.net
Sun Nov 4 21:53:01 EST 2012

Hi all,

I don't post very much, I mainly lurk. Frankly with three young kids & a
yard to take care of, I don't have much time for my Coco, tho my system
is still up and fully operational. A couple hours on Sunday afternoons
with my Coco are all I can usually muster.

Anyway, I'm very excited because I finally got my Coco3 syatem to
communicate with Drivewire 4 on my Linux laptop! I've been struggling
with this for months. I think what did the trick was I upgraded the OS
on my laptop to Linux Mint 13, and I downloaded & installed the newest
version of Drivewire 4 (4.3, I believe?). Anyway, the two seem to get
along with each other better than Ubuntu 12.04 & the previous version of
Drivewire 4. I'm not sure what you guys did to tweak it, but whatever
you did seems to work now. :-)

Now I'm just browsing around the nitros9.org/latest site like a kid in a
candy store.

I have 1 question so far: where do I find the wimgtools for linux so I
can add/delete files from disk images? I'm sure it'll take 2 seconds for
someone to point me in the right direction. :-)

Thanks,

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT