[Coco] (Probably stupid and newbie-ish) CoCo hardware question

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Jun 27 20:39:17 EDT 2012

Take it from an ex-Microware engineer and employee who questioned the source directly.

Mark Hawkins and I had a conversation about the CoCo 3 project years ago.  He told me then, personally and specifically, that ROM to RAM and subsequent patching was the approach that they (Microware) took in '86 to avoid any legal entanglements with Microsoft.  I don't know if Tandy advised them to do it, or if Microware made the suggestion, but legality was the motivating factor for the approach that was taken.

What we need is a book that brings all of this information in... something I've been working off and on for a long time....

Best Regards,
Boisy G. Pitre

Join our forums at http://www.tee-boy.com/forums/ to exchange ideas and information with other WeatherSnoop enthusiasts.