[Coco] Serial to usb printers

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:28:48 EDT 2012

Umm "-- the only practical way to print at a reasonable speed with a modern
inkjet printer from a CoCo." ???

Not necessarily, depending on what is 'reasonable speed' in your perception
and not if your fortunate enough to have a serial-to-parallel converter and
a inkjet printer that has the 'brains' to accept ASCII text & codes like you
say.   I have such a converter and use it routinely to print from my CoCo 2
to a HP DeskJet 540 printer.  The converter and CoCo are configured for 9600
baud communication...plenty for my uses.