[Coco] organize maltedmedia

Sun Jun 10 22:04:01 EDT 2012

Hi,

My thinking is that maltedmedia should remain as is.

A new site that contained both maltedmedia and RTSI and files from else
where should be built from scratch.

Simply moving files around might appear to be the solution but does not get
us back to the days of Delphi and CIS where there were short one line
descriptions and longer ones containing file descriptions.

Any system that relies on filenames only does not really improve the mess we
are in IMHO.

I have short and long descriptions for many (most?) of the Delphi files, I
have somewhere an archive of CIS files with short and long descriptions,
CoCo3.com has Princeton files with descriptions and there are other
collections with descriptions that I forget where exactly.

Starting with the Delphi and CIS that have descriptions (Web pages with
links) is the best starting point.

Many files will have to be looked in to discover what they really are.

It's a huge job, with the number ~ 400 do we have enough persons who will
step up.

One point of interest perhaps, generating CRC32's for files allows
duplicates to be found quickly, files that are exactly the same but with
different names can also be found quickly.

SHF