[Coco] organize maltedmedia

Sun Jun 10 20:49:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

We were never able to track down the person(s) AFAIK.

We are here on maltedmedia thanks to Dennis who stepped up in our hour of
need.

Thanks again Dennis!

"bit.listserv.coco" was signed up to so many spam lists that it became
unusable. That huge volume of SPAM was hard to get posted, it took a real
dedication and perhaps several persons.

Perhaps Gene remembers the number of post in a day, my guess is ~ 1000+.

They worked in gangs back then, there was a open competition between groups
as to who could post the most cracks to programs and I saw huge lists on
"alt.binaries.warez" and other Usenet alt - warez. I counted 15 different
names in my very old Usenet list.

Back then you could search for cracks for a program, but I lost my interest
in looking at programs that I never would want. The links were to Porn sites
that would take over control of your computer. I was able to quickly stop
all those attempts and stopped my interest in new programs.

?

* Yes, the desire to shut us down was actually stated in a message, I now
wish that it had been saved. *

?

CoCo3.com was taken down several times along with other CoCo web sites.

So far behind this moat with the drawbridge up we have been relative safe,
but you never know. So we play safe.

Sick is a better term to use for that person.

SHF