[Coco] OT:The Apple II source code for Prince Of Persia- found after 22 years

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Jun 5 11:48:48 EDT 2012

On 5 Jun 2012 at 23:55, Mark McDougall wrote:

> My gut feeling is that, given the architectural differences between the
> Apple II and the Coco, such as graphics, memory map, sound etc, the way to
> go would be to write a Coco port from scratch using the source as a guide.

Mark

That would be my thinking also. As I said it would be a daunting task.

Like the original writer stated he passed this code on so that the company could use it as a
frame work to port the game to other systems. It would be a arduish task for one person to
port over to the COCO. It would have to be done by several and a basic rewrite almost from
the ground up as you suggest.

james