[Coco] EDTASM++ question

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Jan 27 20:02:04 EST 2012

Todd Wallace wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am looking to experiment with assembly on my coco but I am having problems getting EDTASM
  to work according to the manual.  I have EDTASM++ v 1.1 disk and the manual
for EDTASM.  But
  some of the instructions in the EDTASM manual just give errors when I try to
follow them.
   Have the command changed from EDTASM to EDTASM++? what is the difference? is
there a EDTASM++
  manual around somewhere? or should I be using the regular EDTASM ? for example
the book says
  WD SAMPLE [ENTER] to save the source code to disk, but i get "bad parameters".
not sure what
  I'm doing wrong.  any suggestions? thanks

> - Todd Wallace

That command means WD - Write to disk (you could also write to tape), SAMPLE
means the File Name you have selected for your source code, and [ ENTER ] means
hit the Enter key after typing WD SAMPLE. You don't type the []s.

That command should work if you have a formatted disk in the drive.

What other errors are you getting?