[Coco] C Compiler Website / Archive Question

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:12:37 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Stephen H. Fischer
<SFischer1 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I can find my copy of K&R I would allow it to be taken apart for scanning
> as well as the "The C Answer Book".
>
> Plus
>
> 3) "Software Tools" by K&P 1976
>
> 4) "The C Library" by Kris Jamsa 1985
>
> 5) Dr. Dobbs C book 19?? If I can find it (Large Book)
>
> 6) Advanced C: Techniques & Applications Geralkd E. Sobeiman & David E.
> Krekelberg 1985 (They worked for CDC, My company)
>
> The last book I am very interested in getting scanned for the CoCo group's
> usage.
>
> I typed in much of the software for "The Graphical Segmentation System"
> which I thought was well suited for CoCo NitrOS-9 C . I never tried to
> compile it and additional CoCo specific code needs to be written.
>
> The books can be taken apart as I said and the remains (Loose pages) sold to
> the highest bidder, proceeds to paypal if a blue tooth dongle for the CoCo
> can be purchased. (Very little intent to use it, but as I have two laptops
> that could serve to a CoCo, maybe in my very last years.)

If the ebay option isnt available, any serial port on the coco
(bitbanger, rs232pak) can be made "wireless" by plugging in a cheap
serial-bluetooth adapter.

Brian Blake is the expert on them, as he did a lot of research on
various models and the CoCo specifically for a commercial product, so
maybe he can correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are all pretty
much the same for the basic functionality you'd need to use bluetooth
on a CoCo.

I have a couple and both work fine with things like DriveWire over the
bitbanger.  One was less than $10 (came from china and had no manual,
though it was available online).. the other more like $50 and more
polished.  I think the $10 one actually has more features.  You can
use these adapters to make pretty much anything that uses serial into
a wireless connection, so not limited to use on just the coco either.
Pretty cool little devices.  You can even pair two of them, and you
have a "serial cable" with db9s on both ends but no wire in between
them.  You could wirelessly connect two cocos to each other or connect
a coco to an old serial printer or dumb terminal, pretty much do
anything you can do with a serial cable.