[Coco] A new game for the Coco...

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Aug 22 15:10:43 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 07:13:18PM +0100, Manny wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 13:33 -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
> > It's all Greek to me... :-)
> >
> > (Sorry, someone had to make that joke!)
> >
> > John
>
> Sorry for the confusing structure of this email...
>
> But this message is a funny thing.  As I was looking at it, I noticed
> the structure of the sentences doesn't seem too foreign.  If you look at
> if from <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco/55811>
> you'll see that it comes out in plain English:

Interesting -- I didn't consider the posibility of bad encoding.
Editing the original email directly shows that the character set
was specified as "greek7", although the original text seems to have
actually been ASCII (or equivalent):

--===============1082065716==

Hello fellow Coconuts,

A few weeks ago I had an idea to reproduce the game 'Minesweeper" on the =
coco. I did it just for fun and something to do in my spare time. Well, h=
ere it is in it's full CoCo glory. let me know what you think.

A special thanks goes out to Nick Marentes for being my alpha and beta te=
ster. His suggestions made it much better.

Please download it here...

http://home.comcast.net/~pilot352/Sweep.dsk

Please note that this is a Coco 3 game only using a standard Radio Shack =
joystick. The file is in standard DSK format and has been tested on MESS,=
 VCC and a real CoCo 3 using Roger Taylors Drive Pack.

Thanks,

-Pilot