[Coco] Any news on the so called CoCo4 or Next CoCo

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Sat Oct 23 08:40:05 EDT 2010

Frank, it would seem that recreating the cartridge port could be done using
the parallel printer port and some "multiplexing" circuitry. At least as far
as running "program paks" - attaching other devices that require the E, Q,
etc. might be a bit more of a chore. Of course, the parallel printer port
itself will probably vanish from motherboards altogether in the near future,
although even my newest quad core still has one. Rather than Jeffs emulator,
I have been using David Keils along with FreeDOS - i have it set to boot
straight into the emulator - boots up pretty quickly.
JohnT
====
(C.W. - thought I'd try your name suggestion...)