[Coco] just be considerate -- Re: "C" Compiling Was: New CoCo site for programmers

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Mar 25 14:45:24 EDT 2010

I must agree with John Linville on most of his points and also remind
any new developer that the best stuff comes from being criticized
Before and After.  Being told that your product will suck or nobody
will even consider it (I've been told this on almost anything I've
done) doesn't really determine the outcome.  In fact, it does Not
determine the outcome or who will be interested.

At 10:18 PM 3/24/2010, you wrote:
>I still think I've been misinterpreted, so I'm going to take one more
>bite at the apple -- hopefully I don't manage to irritate anyone else
>this time...
>
>On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:39:15PM -0400, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>
> > A wise man (who participates here :) once told me that the only good
> > reason to do development on the CoCo is the pleasure of seeing your
> > own code run.

I disagree with that wise man.  :)
The best reason I can think of is to help keep the CoCo alive by
giving everybody 1) ways of doing new things, or 2) new ways of doing
old things.

--
~ Roger Taylor