[Coco] 2 x 3.5 Drives on CoCo

Jason Law jmlaw at iprimus.com.au
Sat Mar 13 05:39:10 EST 2010

Thanks for those links, I'll take a screen cap of the CoCo one for my
archives.

Re the jumpers, yeah I found this post:

http://www.coco3.com/community/2009/09/coco-compatible-3-5-floppy-drives/

There's a really good pdf at the end showing a lot of different drives with
DS settings.

I found one I had in a computer I have no idea where I got it from (nah
didn't steal it) with jumper pins, a SONY MPF520-1. It works as drive 0.

So I'll use that for now and make up the cable to use the two Panasonics
together so they're a matching pair.

I've taped over the HD hole on some new sony disks and they seem to work
great so far. All 3 720k disks I have have bad sectors. Hopefully the HD
ones will continue to work without dramas.

I'll probably be able to find a schematic for a power supply onling
somewhere. So then it's just a matter of working out what to house them in.

Thanks again for you help, much appreciated :)